CAB Comedy "American Pie Reunion Tour"

The familiar cast of the American Pie movie series will return to the silver screen in April for American Reunion.

The iconic teen actors from the films have stayed busy in the years since American Pie 1, 2, and 3 were made in the early 2000s.

Thomas Ian Nicholas, known as Kevin Myers in the films, also has a musical career that he will bring to the University of Iowa campus today.

The Thomas Ian Nicholas Band will play at 12:30 p.m. today in the IMU River Room.

Nicholas doesn’t think of his acting and music careers as being exclusive of one another.

"It was a lot of fun while I was waiting on set to play guitar," he said. "And from there, it just became an outlet for me to express my thoughts and my ideas, as it were."

Since those days on set, the band has released two albums, Without Warning in 2008 and Heroes are Human in 2010.

Now, Nicholas and his band members will hear one of their new tracks on the American Reunionsoundtrack. The group’s original tune "My Generation" will contribute the music from the newest film in the series.

"[My career] is a lot of fun and definitely a little chaotic at times," Nicholas said. "This is the first time that music and acting have kind of converged."

— by Hannah Kramer