Tickets for women’s basketball Big Ten Tournament on sale today

Tickets for the Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament will go on sale today at 10 a.m., the league office has announced.

Fans can purchase either single-session or all-session tickets for the tournament, which will be held at Bankers Life Field House in Indianapolis on March 1-4.

Single-session tickets vary in price between $10 and $16, depending on the session. The first round of the tournament is divided into two sessions (morning and evening of March 1), each featuring two games; each session is $10. The quarterfinals are divided into two sessions as well (morning and evening of March 2), and each costs $14.

The semifinals will take place in session 5 on March 3 and cost $16 for two games; the championship game will also cost $16, and is scheduled for 3 p.m. on March 4.

All-session tickets include a spot for each game and cost $70.

The top four seeds in the tournament get a first-round bye, and therefore don’t play until the third session of games. Iowa is ranked No. 5 in the conference, behind Purdue, Penn State, Ohio State, and Nebraska. The Hawkeyes (16-10, 8-5) have three games left in the regular season.

Those interested in purchasing tickets for the tournament can do so through Ticketmaster or through the Bankers Life Field House box office.

— by Seth Roberts