Bianchini: No shave November benefits

Every guy lives for it, and every girl slightly fears it. The month that is marked by a holiday filled with gluttony and naps is now more famously known as No Shave November.

The initial reaction is a group of cheers for the men and guffaws for the women — and with good reason. Shaving seems to be an essential part of everyday life.

But what many students don’t know is that No Shave November actually aims to raise awareness about prostate cancer.

This year, there are an estimated 241,740 new cases and 28,170 deaths in the United States due to prostate cancer, according to the National Cancer Institute.

So aside from the gross factor, students should consider participating in No Shave November to support prostate-cancer awareness.

But the awareness isn’t the only benefit from this month.

Think of the money you’ll save right before the winter months begin.

Guys won’t have to worry about looking feminine in their scarves, because they’ll have a full-grown beard to keep their faces warm.

And girls don’t have to worry about layering up when they walk through campus to their next class.

Sure, it might be somewhat annoying if your significant other decided to take on the grooming styling of a caveman, but just think of it as another chance for couple bonding.

Now, I’m not saying we should all never shave again.

Nobody wants to see braided leg hair or guys walking through downtown with beards that could give Dumbledore a run for his money.

But every once in a while, just giving the razor a little time off might do some good.

Anyway, since when did stubble become a bad thing? Just remember: There should be no shame in no shave.