The Movement has arrived, must be taken seriously

Good American Citizens are getting beat up — sprayed with Mace, talked to with contempt, put in shambles, and taken to prison and locked up — with fines, punishments, and other poor treatment.

No dignity.

We’re told to get off the streets, streets paid for and maintained by our tax money.

"Get off the street that the public owns, bought, and paid for," they tell the public.

It happens in Iowa City and it is happening at Wall Street.

This is "civil disobedience" for a good cause, and people are being punished for it. Those being punished wish to stop corporate abuses and to stop all the rampant corruption. Nobody on Wall Street ever seems to go to jail while millions lost everything. Millions continue to get beat up in the streets on top of all of it.

Outrageous.

People need to express their outrage, not by violence or other destructive acts, but by the organization of the Good People to correct the top one-tenth of a percent that’s getting away with it all.

It is happening: The Movement. It is spreading all over the country. Will we shadow the "take-it-all Tea Pot Party Professionals?"

Writers have been writing about the need for a movement to clean house of crappy people.

Take notice of all those killed in wars — who gave their lives to support and protect the "moral base"; to keep Medicare and better health care for all; to help those less fortunate with good stamps, heat assistance, and struggle just to have a place to call home.

Take notice of those "well-to-do" who want to take this all away and leave no dignity to life at all.

My life is a testimony to these abuses and corruptions — as are millions of other baby boomers. We have been left with no dignity.

Outrageous.

As we have pleaded in writing for the last several years. The Movement is now taking place, the only place left to be heard. They’re heading to the streets.

Deregulation is the same as decriminalization. It will lead to the same corruption that has destroyed the economy and is ruining our government. Notice how Congress can’t seem to do its job?

People are truly fed up with all the corruptions and are going to the publicly owned streets. Our writers know that this public outrage should have started at least three years ago — the beginning of President Obama’s tenure.

The Movement is growing now before the 2012 elections, and it must be taken seriously.

Jon Rumnaey is an Iowa City resident.