College Football Week 6: Nebraska falls to bottom of Big Ten

It might be October, but football season > spooky season.

Nick Rohlman

Iowa running back Ivory Kelly-Martin carries the ball during Iowa’s game against Wisconsin at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018. The Badgers defeated the Hawkeyes 28-17.

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

Big Ten Power Rankings

1) Ohio State (5-0):
Dwayne Haskins? Yup. Win over Penn State? Yup. Playoff bound? Yup.

2) Penn State (4-1):
One play call away from being No. 1 on my coveted power rankings.

3) Wisconsin (4-1): 
I think the loss to BYU was a fluke still. I just can’t wait for Penn State-Wisconsin.

4) Michigan (4-1):
Michigan’s real test comes after this week, and we’ll see if the Fighting Harbaughs can handle it.

5) Iowa (3-1):

The game against Wisconsin might not have been a win in real life, but it doesn’t hurt in my coveted power rankings.

6) Michigan State (3-1):
The Spartans lost to Eno Benjamin. I think Iowa would be too mad to let that happen.

7) Maryland (3-1):
Maryland’s got 99 problems, but a Big Ten loss ain’t one.

8) Indiana (4-1):
I’m going to Bloomington in a week, and I can’t wait to go to Buffalouie’s.

9) Purdue (2-3):
David Blough and Jeff Brohm — the Big Ten’s best power couple — are on the rise.

10) Minnesota (3-1):
Minnesota has approximately nothing going for it right now.

11) Northwestern (1-3):
The Wildcats lost to a school with a kangaroo mascot named Zippy. Big Zippy guy here.

12) Illinois (2-2):
Lovie Smith lost to the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLI, and I will never get tired of typing that sentence.

13) Rutgers (1-4):
Ahead of Nebraska. Lol.

14) Nebraska (0-4):
I can’t get over that Rutgers and Illinois have a combined three more wins than the Huskers.

Big Ten Schedule

No. 15 Michigan (-17.5) vs. Maryland

11 a.m. | ABC

Michigan’s loss to Notre Dame is a lot better than Minnesota’s loss to Temple. One of these teams will have its first conference loss after the weekend, and I don’t think it will be the Wolverines.

No. 20 Michigan State (-10.5) vs. Northwestern

11 a.m. | FS1

The Spartans have had a better offense and defense this year, and the Wildcats have struggled since Week 1. If Michigan State can play as well as Akron, it’s a wrap.

Rutgers vs. Illinois (-5.5)

11 a.m. | BTN

Fun fact: According to VividSeats, you can find tickets to this game for as low as $3. That should tell you all you need to know about this game.

Iowa (-7.5) vs. Minnesota

2:30 p.m. | BTN

Iowa is going to learn from the mistakes it made against Wisconsin. What better way to bounce back after a loss than against an unproven Minnesota team?

No. 3 Ohio State (-25) vs. Indiana

3 p.m. | FOX

Ohio State is an offensive powerhouse. As long as the Buckeyes have Dwayne Haskins under center, they won’t have much trouble.

No. 16 Wisconsin (-17.5) vs. Nebraska

2:30 p.m. | BTN

Wisconsin is good. Nebraska is not. I might not be a mathematician or scientist, but I can figure this one out.