Above the Fold: Iowa caucus roundup

Former President Donald Trump held a 30 point lead over his challengers in Iowa.
Former+President+Donald+Trump+speaks+during+his+caucus+night+watch+party+at+the+Iowa+Events+Center+in+Des+Moines+on+Monday%2C+Jan.+15%2C+2024.+Republican+voters+assembled+statewide+to+participate+in+the+caucuses+despite+the+cold+and+extreme+winter+weather+across+the+state.+Trump%E2%80%99s+early+victory+and+dominant+position+before+the+start+of+caucus+night+proved+to+be+true+as+51+percent+of+Republicans+voted+for+Trump%E2%80%99s+appearance+in+the+2024+presidential+election+as+of+10%3A20+p.m.+At+the+event%2C+Trump+spoke+to+over+300+supporters+at+his+watch+party+about+his+goals+and+putting+America+first.+
Grace Smith
Former President Donald Trump speaks during his caucus night watch party at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines on Monday, Jan. 15, 2024. Republican voters assembled statewide to participate in the caucuses despite the cold and extreme winter weather across the state. Trump’s early victory and dominant position before the start of caucus night proved to be true as 51 percent of Republicans voted for Trump’s appearance in the 2024 presidential election as of 10:20 p.m. At the event, Trump spoke to over 300 supporters at his watch party about his goals and putting America first.

On a freezing Iowa night, former President Donald Trump demonstrated he still has a strong hold on the Republican Party, winning the endorsement of the state with 51 percent of the vote. The results from Monday resulted in Ohio biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson suspending their campaigns. However, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley push on. 

Above the Fold is hosted and produced by Natalie Dunlap. Liam Halawith, Roxy Ekberg, Alejandro Rojas and Natalie Miller contributed to this episode.