DI male beauty pageant continued

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Shiva

Participants compete in The Man Pageant underway at Dance Marathon in the Iowa Memorial Union on Friday, Feb. 2, 2018. (Shivansh Ahuja/The Daily Iowan)

Dance Marathon 24 continued the tradition of the Man Pageant, in which a number of Dance Marathon male staffers competed in a faux beauty pageant.

The pageant also featured a special guest; Dance Marathon brought out Miss Iowa 2017 to announce the show.

The eight contestants took part in a variety of crowd-pleasing performances.

The pageant started out with an evening gown contest. The contestants marched out onto the stage in an array of dresses, both subtle and audacious — one contestant wore a Snow White dress. They took to the stage to share humorous “profiles” about themselves.

The next portion of the show was a talent competition. The performances pleased the crowd with such acts as dancing to the song “Fergalicious,” a number of lip-syncs, and a fiery rendition of Bill Pullman’s speech from the movie *Independence Day*, in a cowboy hat. A three-man lip-sync performance of a selection of Justin Bieber songs concluded that portion of the show.

The third portion of the pageant was a question-and-answer session in which contestants were asked a range of questions from their best pickup line to their idea for a perfect date.

The winner of the competition, crowned Mr. Dance Marathon, was Dalton Beer, who wowed the audience with his lip-syncing.

“There were a lot of good contestants,” Beer said.

Facebook Comments