DI male beauty pageant continued

DI male beauty pageant continued

Participants compete in The Man Pageant underway at Dance Marathon in the Iowa Memorial Union on Friday, Feb. 2, 2018. (Shivansh Ahuja/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Shiva

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Shiva

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Shiva

Dance Marathon 24 continued the tradition of the Man Pageant, in which a number of Dance Marathon male staffers competed in a faux beauty pageant.

The pageant also featured a special guest; Dance Marathon brought out Miss Iowa 2017 to announce the show.

The eight contestants took part in a variety of crowd-pleasing performances.

The pageant started out with an evening gown contest. The contestants marched out onto the stage in an array of dresses, both subtle and audacious — one contestant wore a Snow White dress. They took to the stage to share humorous “profiles” about themselves.

The next portion of the show was a talent competition. The performances pleased the crowd with such acts as dancing to the song “Fergalicious,” a number of lip-syncs, and a fiery rendition of Bill Pullman’s speech from the movie *Independence Day*, in a cowboy hat. A three-man lip-sync performance of a selection of Justin Bieber songs concluded that portion of the show.

The third portion of the pageant was a question-and-answer session in which contestants were asked a range of questions from their best pickup line to their idea for a perfect date.

The winner of the competition, crowned Mr. Dance Marathon, was Dalton Beer, who wowed the audience with his lip-syncing.

“There were a lot of good contestants,” Beer said.

Facebook Comments