Iowa Caucuses Candidate Tracker

Ahead of the 2020 caucuses, presidential candidates are flocking to Johnson and Linn Counties to make their case to area voters in one of the bluest pockets of Iowa. Keep track of where they’ve been and where they’re headed with The Daily Iowan’s interactive map:

Click on the points on the map for more information about each individual visit.

Blue points on the map represent candidate visits that took place in the past.

Green points on the map represent candidate visits that will be taking place in the future.

Upcoming visits in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids:

Seth Moulton

Friday, March 29 at 2 p.m. meet and greet with veterans at University of Iowa Law School, 280 Boyd Law Building Melrose & Byington, ​Iowa City

John Delaney

Sunday, March 31 at 5:30 p.m. — 6:30 p.m. meet and greet at Merge, 136 S. Dubuque St., Iowa City

Upcoming statewide visits:

Past DI coverage of candidates’ visits:

2020 candidate Amy Klobuchar in eastern Iowa: bring together ‘fractured’ communities

In Iowa, the U.S. senator from Minnesota donned green shamrocks for a Cedar Rapids St. Patrick’s Day parade. Throughout her visit March 17, which included stops in Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, and Davenport, she emphasized her ability to work across the aisle and get work done.

Beto O’Rourke debuts in Iowa as he begins 2020 presidential campaign

The former Texas congressman routinely drew crowds of over 200 in several stops throughout Iowa during his first official campaign tour March 15 and 16. Throughout stops in eastern Iowa, O’Rourke reiterated he would bring the country together, touching on immigration reform, universal health care, and addressing climate change. Photos.

2020 candidate John Hickenlooper says in Iowa he will unite the country

In a series of eastern Iowa stops March 9, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said he would use his executive experience as mayor of Denver and governor of Colorado to bring together unlikely stakeholders as president.

Bernie Sanders returns ‘political revolution’ back to Iowa City

In a visit to the University of Iowa March 8, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., built upon similar anti-corruption and economic reform themes from his 2016 campaign including calling for free college and university tuition. He acknowledged his support of young people during his 2016 campaign. In nationwide caucuses and primaries, Sanders was more popular than both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump among millennial voters.

Self-described “climate candidate” Jay Inslee makes first Iowa stop

Four days after announcing his presidential campaign, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee spread his message of prioritizing environmentalism to Iowa March 5 as he toured a Cedar Rapids solar panel operation. Inslee pledged to make climate change his top mission in the oval office.

Pete Buttigieg’s pitch to Iowa: a Midwest millennial can win in 2020

South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg made a three-city stop in eastern Iowa on March 4 where he said his perspective as a local government executive and as a millennial (who will be on the “business end” of climate change) would be assets in being the country.’s chief executive. One man emotionally thanked Buttigieg for being a role model as an openly gay politician, to which he replied “don’t let them tell you you have to choose.”

In Eastern Iowa Kamala Harris highlights theme of justice

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., campaigned through Cedar Rapids and Bettendorf on Feb. 24 to end a snowy weekend visit. There, she emphasized her experience as an attorney general and district attorney as skills she said she could wield successfully against President Trump.

Kirsten Gillibrand praises Green New Deal in Eastern Iowa campaign stops

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., made campaign stops in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City where she touted the Green New Deal legislation and condemned what she called President Trump’s negligence to address climate change.

2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Elizabeth Warren visits eastern Iowa

In her first Iowa stop Feb. 10 since announcing her candidacy for president, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., focused on economic policies she would implement as president. She condemned President Trump for catering to wealthy Americans and putting the working class at a disadvantage.

Cory Booker highlights message of unity throughout Iowa tour

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J. spread a message of unity and hope throughout his tour of Iowa. In his first visit to Iowa Feb. 9 since the announcement of his presidential campaign, he outlined an urgency for action regarding a variety of issues, including prison and health-care reform. Before the midterms, Booker rallied for Democratic candidates up and down the ticket at a Democratic fundraiser.

2020 presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard visits Iowa City

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, declared her support for Medicare for All Feb. 11 in Iowa City, and highlighted her military background as key to being a qualified candidate for commander in chief.

Tulsi Gabbard talks regime change wars, Green New Deal in second Iowa City appearance in 10 days

A little more than a week later, Gabbard made a second Iowa City appearance, where she stumped on non-interventionist policies abroad.

Author and 2020 candidate Marianne Williamson makes campaign stop at Prairie Lights

An author and “spiritual guide” with 2.6 million Twitter followers, Marianne Williamson called for mature listening and morality in modern politics. She also called for reparation payments be made to African Americans to make up for America’s history of slavery and racial discrimination.

2020 presidential hopeful Andrew Yang wants to give every American $1,000 a month

Andrew Yang made two visits to the Iowa Memorial Union in 2018. The first, on Sept. 28, Yang called for immediate action to counteract a technological evolution replacing human labor. His second, the Friday before Thanksgiving, Yang hosted a rally to hammer in his key proposals.

Iowa native, Rep. Eric Swalwell, likely to announce 2020 bid

U.S. Representative from California Eric Swalwell, who has made several visits to the state since 2017 and has sat on the edge of announcing a presidential bid in campaign stops, all but announced his candidacy at an Iowa Public Library stop Feb. 18. He also hosted a meet and greet in Marion. Swalwell was born in Sac City, Iowa, but moved to California while he was in primary school.

Sen. Kamala Harris debuts in Iowa City ahead of midterms

A week and a half before the Nov. 6 midterm elections, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif. rallied for then-Democratic candidate for Iowa Secretary of State Deidre DeJear (who is now Harris’ Iowa campaign chair) and now-Sen. Zach Wahls, D-Iowa City.

National Democrats considering 2020 visit Johnson County

On Oct. 15, three weeks ahead of the midterm elections, a gaggle of potential presidential hopefuls tested out political messages with Johnson County Democrats. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) (both of whom have declared their presidential runs);  and Sen. Jeffrey Merkley, D-Ore., who hasn’t yet entered the 2020 race; and New York techie Andrew Yang who declared his candidacy in November 2017.

Joe Biden in Cedar Rapids: Leaders need to ‘set the tone and dial down the temperature’

Although the former vice president hasn’t announced a presidential run yet, Joe Biden did make an early visit to the Hawkeye state to rally voters in Cedar Rapids Oct. 30 for then-Democratic candidates Abby Finkenauer and Fred Hubbell.

Bernie Sanders: Break out of comfort zone

In 2017, the Independent senator from Vermont, Bernie Sanders, visited Hancher Auditorium to promote a book he authored.