UI Health Ventures and Salon Ludic to open Revitalize U Med Spa and Salon in North Liberty

University of Iowa Health Ventures is partnering with North Liberty’s Salon Ludic to open Revitalize U Med Spa and Salon. The new location will offer hair and spa services, along with surgical and non-invasive cosmetic treatments.

Daniel McGregor-Huyer

Salon Ludic is seen in North Liberty Iowa on March 19 2022.

Sam Knupp, News Reporter

Salon Ludic is partnering with the University of Iowa Health Ventures to open Revitalize U Med Spa and Salon on 1750 Jordan St. in North Liberty on April 11.

On top of the hair and spa services, the new location will provide surgical cosmetic procedures like facelifts or jawline enhancements, along with non-invasive treatments like Botox and acne scar treatment.

Elizabeth Jaggers, CEO of UI Health Ventures, said the mission of Revitalize U Med Spa and Salon is to provide the latest care and treatments to the community.

“Our mission is to support guests on their personal journey no matter what their care needs are,” Jaggers said.

Sarah Davis, owner and executive director of the salon partner Revitalize U Spa and Salon and Salon Ludic, said she is optimistic and excited about the opening.

“We’re a fun team and everybody associated with this is on board for the right reasons,” Davis said.

RELATED: UI to receive $70 million gift for health care expansion, biggest in university history

Jess Morrison, Revitalize U Spa guest services coordinator, said a benefit of the partnership is that it allows people to receive care from UI doctors without having to go to the main UI medical campus.

Davis said one of her goals with Revitalize is to make it a luxury experience where people can feel comfortable coming in for what can sometimes be stressful procedures.

“There is anxiety about those types of surgeries or procedures. Even getting your hair done can be an anxious process,” Davis said. “We want them to feel like they belong here. I think that creating that vibe is something that you can’t do in a lot of places. In this place, we can.”

Since the treatments provided are all elective, Davis said Revitalize U Med Spa and Salon will not process customers’ insurance. If customers have a heavy redundancy, however, they can possibly get insurance to cover the procedure if they file on their own.

Davis said she has not ruled out expanding to places like the Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, or Des Moines. The difficulty in finding a place that is easily accessible for patients, however, has made her reluctant to open an Iowa City location.

Davis specifically looks forward to being able to offer her employees a full benefits package at the new location, she said.

“As soon as I found out that this was happening, I was just overwhelmed that we could even have the possibility of being a part of it because it’s never been done around here,” Davis said. “It’s just a really amazing opportunity.”

Editor’s note: A previous version of this article included a quote which misrepresented the structure of the physicians’ work at the salon and referred to UI Health Ventures as UI Community Medical Services. The article has been updated to correct this error.