Stanley invited to Manning Passing Academy

Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley received the opportunity to work with some impressive professional talent.

Iowa+quarterback+Nate+Stanley+prepares+to+throw+a+pass+during+the+Iowa%2FPurdue+game+at+Ross-Ade+Stadium+in+West+Lafayette+on+Saturday%2C+Nov.+3%2C+2018.+The+Boilermakers+defeated+the+Hawkeyes%2C+38-36.+

Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley prepares to throw a pass during the Iowa/Purdue game at Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018. The Boilermakers defeated the Hawkeyes, 38-36.

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley has been invited to the Manning Passing Academy, Stanley announced on Instagram on Monday.

The academy exists “to create an environment of greater understanding of, and the proficiency with, the fundamentals, techniques, skills, motivation and sportsmanship necessary for success at the individual offensive skill positions in the sport of football.”

This summer marks the 24th anniversary of the camp, according to the Manning Passing Academy. It is located at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana.

“A huge thank you to Archie, Cooper, Peyton, Eli, and [Manning Passing Academy] for the invitation to the Manning Passing Academy,” Stanley wrote. “Can’t wait for this opportunity to work with the best in the business!”

Stanley finished last season with 2,852 yards and 26 touchdowns, which ranked second in the Big Ten. He completed 59.3 percent of his passes in 2018 and his quarterback rating of 136.5 was good for fifth-best in the conference.