This Week in Photos (11/9/18)

DI Photo Staff

Every week, Daily Iowan photo editors select a series of photographs that represents both the major news of the week as well as the best photography from the photo staff as a whole. The photo staff is part of a strong tradition of visual storytelling at the DI.

• Bartender Max Kalber puts an order into the register at Micky's Irish Pub on Wednesday, November 7, 2018. "It's nice that I don't have to wake up early for this job and I get to have fun making drinks," Kalber said.

• Outside hitter Meghan Buzzerio jumps to block a spike during Iowa's game against Nebraska at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on November 7, 2018. The Hawkeyes were defeated 0-3.

Megan Nagorzanski

• Iowa wide receiver Ihmnir Smith-Marsette (6) runs the ball during the opening drive of the third quarter during the Iowa/Purdue game at Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette, Ind. The Boilermakers defeated the Hawkeyes, 38-36, with a last second field goal.

Lily Smith

• Iowa midfielder Sophie Sunderland tries to control the ball as a Michigan player crashes to the turf during the Semifinals in the Big Ten Field Hockey Tournament at Lakeside Field in Evanston, IL on Friday, Nov. 2, 2018. The no. 8 ranked Hawkeyes defeated the no. 7 ranked Wolverines 2-1.

• The Hawkeyes get excited before the Iowa vs. Rutgers volleyball game at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Friday Nov. 2, 2018.

• A Michigan diver jumps from the platform during a swim meet where Iowa hosted the University of Denver and University of Michigan at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on Saturday, November 3, 2018.

• Spencer Lee and Sam Stoll pose for portraits during Wrestling Media Day at the Dan Gable Wrestling Complex on Monday, November 5, 2018.

• Junior Sarah Sanford walks her cat Jack on a leash in Iowa City on Monday, November 5, 2018. Iowa City requires all animals, including cats, be put on a leash of less than 10 feet in length. This leads to many feral cats either being placed in barns or euthanized.

• Democratic candidate for Iowa’s first congressional district Abby Finkenauer is greeted by supporters during a watch party at 7 Hills Brewing Company in Dubuque Iowa on Tuesday Nov. 6, 2018. Finkenauer defeated incumbent Republican Rod Blum and, along with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, NY-14, becomes one of the first women under 30 elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Nick Rohlman

• Governor Kim Reynolds addresses her supporters at the Hilton in Des Moines on Wednesday, November 7, 2018. Reynolds defeated her opponent, Democratic candidate Fred Hubbell 50.19% to 47.61% with 92 counties reporting in an unofficial total.

• Iowa 3rd Congressional District-elect Cindy Axne speaks to supporters during the statewide Democratic candidates' watch party at Embassy Suites in Des Moines on Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2018. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Lily Smith

Facebook Comments