U.S. Cellular to give away free Kesha tickets

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of service in Cedar Rapids, US Cellular will give away free Kesha tickets.

Adrian Enzastiga, Art's Reporter

On Oct. 13 at 10 a.m., US Cellular will give away free tickets to a Nov. 2 Kesha concert. Individuals must be 16 or older; 350 tickets will be given out at seven US Cellular locations in Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty, and Cedar Rapids. They will be given out in pairs on a first-come, first-served basis, so the first 175 people will receive two concert tickets.

The are two participating Iowa City US Cellular locations are 1705 Boyrum St. and 19 Highway 1 W. The participating Coralville location is 905 25th Ave.

Michael Behee, a US Cellular sponsorship manager, said that Kesha, in particular, seemed like the right choice.

“We wanted to bring an artist who was award-winning, who would make a connection with the community in an ‘impactful’ way,” he said. “When we had an opportunity to identify an artist who we felt would bring a fantastic show, we took advantage of that, and that was Kesha.”

This event is celebrating the 30th anniversary of offering cellular service in Cedar Rapids.

There was previously a radio drop of 500 tickets, and more given out at the U.S. Cellular Center. Behee also said there may be other surprise ways “popping up” to receive tickets.

In addition to the free concert tickets, US Cellular will offer a sweepstakes for VIP passes. The passes include a $50 concessions voucher and access to the upfront VIP viewing area, including backstage access. Twenty-six winners will be announced on Oct. 26. More information regarding the concert and how to enter the sweepstakes can be accessed at uscellularcelebrates.com.

“We wanted to do something really special to express our gratitude while demonstrating our long-standing commitment to Cedar Rapids and customers statewide,” Behee said. “One way to do that is to bring the celebration to our long-standing sponsorship venue, the U.S. Cellular Center.”

Besides concessions and merchandise to be sold at the concert, there is no profit whatsoever. US Cellular is paying for the show, with no customer fees of any kind included with the tickets.

“We booked the show, we’re paying for the artist, the production, bringing this entire celebration to life,” Behee said. “We’re putting everything behind it, 100 percent provided by US Cellular.”