Rennegarbe leads Iowa women’s golf with another top-25 finish

Iowa’s Shawn Rennegarbe continued her hot streak by leading the Hawkeyes once again.

Megan Nagorzanski

Iowa’s Shawn Rennegarbe tees off during the Diane Thomason Invitational at Finkbine Golf Course on Sept. 30, 2018.The Hawkeyes placed first overall.

Jess Westendorf, Sports Reporter

Senior Shawn Rennegarbe is on a roll. The Addieville, Illinois, native recorded another top-25 finish to take the lead for the Iowa women’s golf team as it competed at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational Club Wednesday.

Iowa finished 10th overall, shooting a 54-hole score of 927 (63-over). The Hawkeyes had a total of five golfers make get on the leaderboards, with three placing in the top-50 (Rennegarbe, Manuela Lizarazu, and Brett Permann).

She tied for 24th overall with a three-round score of 227 (5-over). During the second round of the tournament, the senior recorded 5 birdies that led her to a 2-over second round score.

It was one birdie after another going into the third round. She added 2 more birdies to her scorecard that confirmed a 77 (5-over) final round score.

This is the second tournament in a row that she notched a top-25 finish. On Sept. 30th, she placed first at the Diane Thomason Invite in Iowa City. The Hawkeyes also took home a gold medal in the tournament.

Rennegarbe and the Hawkeyes were among 12 teams to take the greens at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, Washington.

Washington took first place with an 859 (5-under), while Oregon State came in close behind with a 883 (19-over).

Lizarazu stayed in the spotlight as well for the Hawkeyes. Lizarazu finished the tournament with a 54-hole total of 229 (13-over), tying for 30th.

Permann came in next, tying for 47th with a 234 (18-over). Kristin Glesne and Dana Lerner rounded out the Hawkeye lineup tying for 51st and 65th, respectively.

Iowa will look to its last tournament of the fall slate, the Battle at the Beach. The Hawkeyes will travel to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, to compete Nov. 2-4.