Big Ten honors Ihm, Yankovich 

Amy+Ihm
Amy Ihm

By Ricardo Ascencio | [email protected]

Both Iowa golf programs have notched honors to their trophy collections; men’s golfer Nate Yankovich and women’s golfer Amy Ihm were named to the All-Big Ten second teams.

This is the first conference honor for Yankovich, who has enjoyed the best season of his career.

The senior from Blacklick, Ohio, has produced three top-10 finishes this season. Yankovich is averaging 71.96 strokes per round this year, which leads the team and is 3.33 strokes better than last year’s average.

Ihm also has her first conference honor.

“If you were to tell me that I would be All-Big Ten my senior year, I probably would have told you that you were crazy,” Ihm said in a release. “It’s really just a huge honor, and I’m pretty excited. I don’t know if it’s really sunk in yet.”

Ihm posted seven top-10 finishes this season, which including a fourth-place finish at the Big Ten Championships. Her finish qualified her as an individual golfer in NCAA regional competition.

“It has been so exciting for her to finish last week by being named to the All-Championship team and then get second-team All-Big Ten,” Iowa women’s golf head coach Megan Menzel in a release. “It has been a Cinderella story this spring. We have just kept things rolling and have had some great momentum.

Both Yankovich and Ihm will spend the next week preparing for their NCAA regionals. The women’s regional will start on May 5, and men’s will begin on May 16.