Judicial Crisis Network rolls our Pro-Grassley ad campaign opposing Obama’s court pick

en. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., right, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, walks with Judge Merrick Garland, President Barack Obama’s choice to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, March 17, 2016. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has been steadfast in his refusal to hold a confirmation hearing for any nominee during the waning months of Obama’s presidency. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

The Judicial Crisis Network — a leading Washington, D.C., conservative judicial group — on Monday dropped a major political investment in Iowa and across the country regarding the on-going Supreme Court nomination battle.

As chairman, Grassley, 82, oversees the judicial confirmation process and has repeatedly refused to hold hearings on the Supreme Court nominations this year, to the dismay of Democrats and some Republicans. He has said he would like to see hearings held after a new president is elected and sworn in next year.

RELATED: The face of inaction: Grassley scrutinized over Supreme Court standoff

The ad buy will bring the network’s total spending to almost $4 million since Scalia’s death. Of that, $2 million was spent to oppose Garland.

The 30-second ad spot showcases Grassley as both an influential voice on Capitol Hill and as a seemingly average Iowa farmer, standing behind a large stack of hay.

The TV ads are now airing in Iowa, North Dakota, West Virginia, Colorado and New Hampshire, while the digital and radio versions are airing in Iowa, Colorado, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, and West Virginia.

RELATED: Grassley foe Krause to officially run for U.S. Senate

The Iowa ads first went live on YouTube on March 18.

“The goal of this effort is to inform and alert the citizens of Iowa that in opposing President Obama’s third liberal nominee to the Supreme Court, Sen. Grassley is also opposing liberal domination of the court and that, with the presidential election so close, he is right to allow the people of Iowa a voice in this lifetime appointment to the nation’s highest court,” Severino said in a statement released Monday.

The National Federation of Independent Business — a Nashville-based conservative lobbying organization — has also voiced its opposition to the nomination.

RELATED: Patty Judge makes it official: She will run for U.S. Senate