Viewer’s guide: Nov. 14 Democratic presidential debate in Des Moines

(from left) Vermont senator Bernie Sanders, former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stand on stage of the Iowa Democratic Hall of Fame ceremony on Friday, July 17, 2015. Five democratic presidential candidates gave speeches during the event. (The Daily Iowan/Sergio Flores)

By Quentin Misiag

The second Democratic presidential debate takes center stage Nov. 14, live from historic Drake University in Des Moines, fewer than 80 days until the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses, scheduled for Feb. 1, 2016.

Campaign supporters for Hillary Clinton, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley have prepared a series of watch parties and post-debate gatherings, creating a daylong celebration and political spin.

During the debate, the Daily Iowan Ethics and Politics Initiative will provide readers crucial live coverage, from rapid-fire quick posts to in-depth analysis, photos, and videos. Follow along all weekend at dailyiowanepi.com for coverage of interest to Iowans.

The debate will be broadcast live on CBS. CBS News — which will host the debate with the Des Moines Register and KCCI-TV — will also live stream it.

Whether you’re traveling to Iowa, watching the debate on TV, or scrolling through social-media feeds for the latest happenings, here’s how to follow along:

ABOUT THE DEBATE

WHAT: Second Democratic presidential debate

WHEN: 8 p.m. Nov. 14 at WHERE: Sheslow Auditorium in Old Main at Drake University in Des Moines

HOSTED BY: CBS News

HOW TO WATCH: CBS News will broadcast the debate live. The Des Moines Registerand KCCI-TV (channel 8 in metro Des Moines) will also live stream it.

DEBATE PARTNERS: CBS affiliate KCCI-TV, the Des Moines Register, Twitter, Drake University, Twitter, the Iowa Democratic Party, and the Democratic National Committee

MODERATORS: Lead moderator: John Dickerson of CBS News. CBS congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes, KCCI-TV anchor Kevin Cooney, and Register columnist Kathie Obradovich will also moderate.

GETTING IN: The Iowa Democratic Party has a limited number of complimentary tickets available. Those interested in getting one of the 775 seats in the auditorium should email [email protected]