Fifth suspect in IC robbery at-large

A suspect in an armed robbery in Iowa City is still at-large, and Iowa City police say he is armed and dangerous.

Christopher Kelly, 31, is the fifth subject in a reported robbery on Monday in Iowa City.

Four other subjects have been charged with first-degree robbery-joint criminal conduct, a Class-B felony, and first-degree burglary-joint criminal conduct, also a Class-B felony. Alajuwon Johnson, 29; Evelyn Chinchilla, 23; Humberto Iniguez, 28; and Lucas House, 30, were charged. All subjects are being held at the Johnson County jail.

According to an Iowa City press release, officers responded to a report of a robbery at 321 N. Johnson St. on Monday. An adult male reported that a female had knocked on the door of his residence, then two males allegedly pushed the door open after the victim initially opened the door.

The men pushed the victim to the ground and allegedly struck the man twice in the head with a handgun, the release said.

More than $2,000 was reportedly stolen from the victim’s apartment.

Iowa City and University Heights officers located two suspects in a vehicle who, they determined, had an involvement in the robbery.

Iowa City and Coralville police officers identified three other suspects during the investigation, and two were located on First Avenue in Coralville. They were then taken into custody without incident, the release said.

Iowa City Area CrimeStoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest of the fifth suspect.