Women’s hoops nonconference schedule announced

The Iowa women’s basketball team announced its entire nonconference schedule on Wednesday. The team will play 14 games outside the Big Ten, including three games at both neutral and away sites.

The season opens for the Hawkeyes with an exhibition against Concordia-St. Paul on Nov. 3. The regular schedule begins five days later against Cal-Riverside in the Hawkeye Challenge and continues on Nov. 10 against Dayton to conclude the challenge.

The team will conclude its first home series with games against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Nov. 13 and Stony Brook on Nov. 16 before heading to Boulder, Colo., for a matchup against Colorado on Nov. 20. The team then plays Northern Iowa on Nov. 24 before heading to Cancún, Mexico, for three games between Nov. 28 and 30.

The Hawkeyes will return to Carver-Hawkeye on Dec. 5 for a matchup against Syracuse in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, and they will host Idaho State two days later. Iowa will travel to Ames for the annual Cy-Hawk series on Dec. 12 and will return to Iowa City for its final two nonconference games against Drake and North Dakota on Dec. 21 and 28.

Iowa will play five Big Ten teams twice — Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio State and Penn State — and the other six just once. The Black and Gold host Michigan State, Nebraska and Northwestern, and will travel to Michigan, Purdue and Wisconsin. The Hawkeyes’ complete conference schedule will be released later in the summer.