Blank earns second-straight National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-Region Honor

Iowa softball’s Megan Blank has added another accolade to her already successful 2013 season. The sophomore was just named a 2013 National Fastpitch Coaches Association first team All-Midwest Region selection. This is Blank’s second all-region honor in as many seasons.

Blank is just sixth Hawkeye in program history to earn all-region honors in each of her first two seasons. She was named to the second team last season as a freshman.

The Culver City, Calif., native earned this recognition on top of recently earning her second-straight first team All-Big Ten selection. College Sports Madness also named Blank an All-American.

Blank just recently capped a record-breaking season for Iowa. She set the single-season batting-average record with a .437 clip, besting Kim Davis’ record of .428 set in 1993. Blank also raked in 59 RBIs and smacked 11 home runs during the 2013 campaign.

The all-region teams were chosen by coaches from each region, and all the honorees now become eligible for selection to one of three 2013 coaches’ association Division I All-America teams.

The 2013 Division I All-America teams will be announced at 4 p.m. (CDT) on May 29, via NFCA.org.