Printy, Johnson, Dixon, and Logic earn Big Ten honors as Iowa preps for Big Ten women’s basketball tournament

The Big Ten announced Monday that four members of the Iowa women’s basketball team have earned All-Big Ten selections.

Sophomore guard Melissa Dixon’s production off the bench earned her the Big Ten Sixth Player of the Year award. With the award, Dixon became the second player in Iowa history to win the award, following Megan Skouby in 2008.

“I’ve been saying all year that Melissa was a lock for this award,” Iowa head coach Lisa Bluder said in a release. “What she has accomplished this year is the definition of this award. She provided a huge spark for us off the bench and has put together some incredible performances. Melissa is very deserving of this award.”

Seniors Morgan Johnson and Jaime Printy and sophomore Sam Logic also received Big Ten postseason awards. Johnson earned second-team All-Big Ten from the coaches and media. Logic was given third-team All-Big Ten from the media and honorable mention from the coaches, and Printy earned honorable-mention selections from both the coaches and media.

Dixon finished Sunday’s regular-season finale against Northwestern with a 21-point performance, following a 22-point showing against Indiana on Feb. 28. She led the Hawkeyes in scoring during conference play with 12.3 points-per-game. Her 43 percent 3-point percentage led the conference, and she was second in 3-pointers made per game with 2.9.

Johnson led the team in scoring for the entire season with 14.9 per game and earned nine double-doubles. The Platte City, Mo., native became Iowa’s leader in career starts with 124. Logic, the Big Ten’s leader in assists, set Iowa’s single season record for assists Sunday at 198.

Printy struggled at times in her return from an ACL injury, but she still is Iowa’s second leading scorer with 13 points per game. Her 92.2 free throw percentage leads the Big Ten and is the third best percentage in the nation.

With her honorable mention All-Big Ten award, Printy became the only player in program history to earn All-Big Ten honors each year of her career.

“Jaime will leave our program as one of the most decorated players in school history,” Bluder said. “She has been a fixture on the All-Big Ten teams since her freshman year … It’s great to see our conference honor a player like Jaime.”