Reflections on the future

May 2, 2023

Iowas+149-pound+Pat+Lugo+bites+his+gold+medal+during+the+final+session+of+the+Big+Ten+Wrestling+Tournament+in+Piscataway%2C+NJ%2C+on+Sunday%2C+March+8%2C+2020.+Lugo+won+by+decision+2-1%2C+securing+the+149-pound+championship%2C+and+Iowa+won+the+team+title+with+157.5+points.+

Nichole Harris

Iowa’s 149-pound Pat Lugo bites his gold medal during the final session of the Big Ten Wrestling Tournament in Piscataway, NJ, on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Lugo won by decision 2-1, securing the 149-pound championship, and Iowa won the team title with 157.5 points.

As a recent graduate, Galligan said she sees herself in the documentary’s main characters, even though their circumstances differ. She added she hopes the documentary sparks conversations about people’s own 2020 experiences.

“You can feel when you watch the film that everyone is learning both about the pandemic and about the real world,” Galligan said. “But also, there’s a sense of learning how to talk about these things that comes across in the film, too.”

Adams said he hopes viewers will continue to make connections with “Lost in the In-Between” both now and in the future.

“We’ve talked about this being a time capsule and something where people 100 years from now will be able to look at this as a historical document, as something that encapsulates what it was like for these graduates to experience everything that happened in 2020 in a very intimate way,” Adams said.

The Daily Iowan • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in