Common Mistakes Made In The Organizations While Managing Employees

Every management professional in every organization makes mistakes, but only a great leader will acknowledge these mistakes and learn from them. It is a sign of a good leader who works on his mistakes rather than taking things on ego and pride.

Making mistakes is fine but making the same types of mistakes over and over again can be harmful to your organization and pretty damaging to your career. Sidestepping these simple and petty mistakes can help any manager and leader be more useful and worthy to an organization:

● Forgetting That Employees Are Also Human Beings
This is very common across organizations in every country. In the pressure of meeting deadlines on time and impressing the customers, managers often forget that people have a personal life as well. Employees deal with a lot of things with their families and other personal relations, and then professionally as well. Managers should show some empathy and keep realistic deadlines for the employees before committing to the customers.

● Avoiding Tracking The Progress
Remember, what is tracked can be controlled. Working without measuring and keeping a track of the timelines and the progress is a job of an undisciplined person. It is very important to track the progress of the project and the individual employee to see who is doing exceptionally well and who needs to work more on their skills. You can use the softwares like paylocity which is an excellent tool to monitor and track employee’s progress. If you don’t believe us you can check for paylocity reviews online and decide yourself if it is suitable for your company and meets all your requirements.

● Not Providing Clear Direction
A manager should have a clear vision and direction with the work and next steps. If you as a manager are confused yourself, you will derail the entire team. And this is not a surprise, that it is always the team who gets the blame for a failed result. Your team may never feel like working with you again in such a scenario.

● Not Taking Employee’s Inputs Seriously
Do not underestimate the ideas and opinions of your employees. When they come up with any input, and you keep ignoring it they feel disrespected. Employees will hold a grudge against you and the company if you disregard them and you may lose a very talented resource.

● Not Taking The Charge
Leaving everything on your team, even the important business decisions will make the whole project and the company suffer. Being a manager, you should take the lead and show your team the correct path. Provide them guidance from time to time, and make sure that all the deliverables are on track. Monitoring the progress and measuring the success rate is your responsibility.

● Micromanaging
This is the worst of all. Micromanagement and asking for updates from your employees frequently annoys them and also wastes a lot of their productive time. They feel interrogated and investigated which makes them lose their confidence in their work. Try to be involved as much as required, and not overdo it. Let them manage and make their own decisions and provide guidance if you think they are going wrong.

● Procrastinating To The Reported Problems
There have been many cases where employees discuss the issues and problems with managers and it has not been taken seriously. For example, if an employee faces a showstopper issue and needs help, not providing the help and guidance at the right time may build pressure on the employee. This will impact the employee’s work as well as the whole project.

CONCLUSION:

No organization is perfect and there are some goods and bads with every company. But understanding the consequences and working on the points mentioned you can attain a nearly perfect organization and make it employee-friendly and stand out from the rest of the organizations.