Monika Czinano near-perfect to lead Iowa at halftime

Czinano went 9-of-10 from the field in the first half for the Hawkeyes.

Kate Heston

Iowa’s Monkia Czinano (25) goes up for a shot during a second round game of the Big 10 women’s basketball tournament. Iowa, ranked #6, took on #11 Purdue in Indianapolis at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Wednesday night. (Kate Heston/The Daily Iowan)

Chloe Peterson, Sports Reporter

INDIANAPOLIS – Iowa junior center Monika Czinano is seeing the ball well through 20 minutes of play against the Purdue Boilermakers, going 9-of-10 from the field to lead Iowa with 18 points. At halftime, Iowa leads Purdue, 37-36.

Czinano accounts for almost half of Iowa’s 37 points, and went a perfect 9-of-9 until she missed on her tenth attempt.

Freshman point guard Caitlin Clark has 11 points on the night, after going 1-of-7 in the first quarter. Clark also leads the team in rebounds and assists at halftime, with five apiece. She is 3-of-12 from the field, and 4-of-5 from the charity stripe.

RELATED: Clark hits off-balance 3-pointer to give Iowa lead at end of first quarter

Sophomore guard Kate Martin has is right behind Clark with four rebounds and four assists, along with two points.

Sixth-seeded Iowa is currently matching up against 11th-seeded Purdue at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament. Twenty minutes of game time is left, and the game is being aired on FS2.

Facebook Comments