Andrew Yang, Michael Bennet, exit 2020 presidential race

Andrew Yang and Michael Bennet suspended their campaigns on the evening of the New Hampshire primary. Both candidates did not receive any delegates in Iowa.

Democratic+candidate+Andrew+Yang+addresses+fans+during+a+meet+and+greet+in+his+Iowa+City+campaign+office+on+Feb.+3.+Yang+greeted+fans+and+cheered+them+on+for+the+caucuses+later+tonight.+

Katie Goodale

Democratic candidate Andrew Yang addresses fans during a meet and greet in his Iowa City campaign office on Feb. 3. Yang greeted fans and cheered them on for the caucuses later tonight.

Rylee Wilson, Politics Reporter

Entrepreneur Andrew Yang and Colorado Senator Michael Bennet suspended their campaigns for the Democratic presidency Tuesday evening ahead of results from the New Hampshire primary.

At the time Yang and Bennet announced their withdrawal from the race, only 20% of New Hampshire precincts were reporting results.

Yang, who focused his campaign on the idea of a plan for universal basic income, polled at an average of 3.7 percent nationally, according to FiveThirtyEight. What started as a long-shot campaign for Yang turned into a campaign with a dedicated online following who called themselves the “Yang Gang.”

Yang received 1 percent of the popular vote in the Iowa caucuses and did not receive any delegates.

Yang told supporters in Manchester, New Hampshire Tuesday evening that the energy from the Yang Gang will continue following his departure from the race.

“We went from a mailing list that went from just my Gmail contact list to receiving donations from over 400,000 people from around the country,” Yang said.

Bennet, who did not receive any delegates in Iowa, had not made the debate stage since July.

Bennet was polling at an average of 0.4 percent nationally prior to his exit from the race.

Following Yang and Bennet’s departure, there are now 9 candidates in the race for the Democratic nomination.