What Is a Psychic Reading? Everything You Need to Know

There’s a time in our lives when a loved one comes to us with news of their fate.

“I’m going to meet my future husband overseas.” or “avoid eating shellfish this week, you’ll get sick!”.  And sometimes, they come true.

But how can someone hold this magic power? And what is a psychic reading?

We investigate.

Let’s Cover The Basics

First, you ask, what is a psychic medium reading?

A psychic medium reading is when someone with psychic gifts taps into people’s energy and learns about their past, present, and future.  

If you’re wondering, “what is a cold reading in a psychic reading?” know that ‘cold reading’ gives the impression the medium can discern personal information about a client. 

It’s ‘cold’ because it doesn’t depend on any previous knowledge about the client.  Instead, the psychic uses observations of the client’s behavior and characteristics over a series of guesses that are based on deduction.

Great! Now What About These Questions…

Another popular query is “what is a psychic energy reading?”.  In the scientific world, we measure energy with joules but, for psychic energy, we throw all that out the window.

Psychic energy is non-measurable, but it’s an important aspect of an accurate psychic reading.  The psychic doesn’t read your mind here, instead, they observe what energy (or aura) radiates from you to see is absent, weakened, or blocked because of constraints or limitations.

You may wonder “what is the difference between a tarot reading and a psychic-tarot reading?”

Tarot readings involve a deck of 78 cards that fall under primary aspects of human life which are emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and physical. 

The 56 other cards are split into four suites such as pentacles, wands, swords, and cups.  These support the major ones and help convey a message.

The main difference is that anyone can do a tarot reading whereas a psychic-tarot reading means the psychic has their own reading method and can read the connected readings regarding their client.  

Also, the psychic can refer to the readings to uncover the present, future, and past predictions.  

How to Prepare for a Psychic Reading 

Here are tips on how to get the most out of your psychic reading.

Keep An Open Mind

Regardless of whether you’re a skeptic or a believer, you must be open to what you hear.  Try not to expect how the reading will progress as the psychic may discuss matters you haven’t thought of yet.

And if you have a specific idea in mind, receive the reading with an open heart.

Know What Type of Reading You Want 

We’ve covered the ground rules and if it’s still something you want to pursue, then think about what you want from the reading.  Psychic readers cover a range of work. for example, some can connect with loved ones in spirit while others choose not to.

The most common type of readings are:

• Love readings
  • Past life analysis
  • Dream interpretation
  • Tarot readings
  • Spiritual readings

Before you book a reading, double-check that the psychic has expertise in the area. Finding one through word of mouth is a great way to find a dependable psychic so don’t be afraid to ask your friends or relatives.

You can also browse the internet and consider their pictures or reviews.  Or call them to see if they’re the right fit for you.  Let them know what you’re looking for and see whether their response aligns with your expectations.

Prepare Questions

There’s often a reason you’re considering a psychic reading.  To maximize your time with the psychic, compile a list of questions and make them as specific as possible.

It will not benefit you if you offer vague questions.  Psychics will end up answering your questions even if you don’t ask them directly but it’s good to set intentions before the reading so the psychic gives a better reading.

For example, you could ask:

• What new information would the universe want me to know about my love life?
  • What guidance do the spirits have for me?
  • I’d like to know how I can follow my heart and achieve my highest good

Asking these will ensure you get an in-depth answer from the psychic so you know what changes to make to your life.  

Clear Your Mind 

Once you’ve decided on the psychic, schedule an appointment with them.  Make sure you pick a day and time where you have plenty of time before and after the session.  It’s important you are as relaxed as possible.

Before you attend the reading, clear your mind of everything. Try to relax in the days going up to the reading by doing deep breathing, meditation, or ways to prevent you from getting frazzled.

Having a clear mind ensures you accept and process your reading while keeping the psychic reader unaffected by your stress and any disruptions to your energy.  

Take Notes

The best way to process everything the psychic says is by taking notes or by recording the reading.  Sometimes things will arise in the reading that makes little sense at the present so it’ll be useful to refer to it later on.

Don’t Expect Everything to Be Perfect

Although psychics can tap into an alternative realm, remember that not every reading can be 100% accurate.  Sometimes they may hint at information for example by getting a glimpse of a name or symbol.  

If they do this alongside other useful information, you know it’s a successful reading.

Now You Know The Answer to “What Is a Psychic Reading?”

Dipping your toes into the world of psychic reading is confusing at first so it’s no wonder you’re Googling “what is a psychic reading?”.

Psychic readings let you understand what may happen to you or resolve any issues you’ve had in the past.  Make sure you do your research to find the best psychic and one who can give you a great reading.  Good luck!