Highlights from Iowa’s press conference following loss to Michigan

Iowa dropped its first game of the season on Saturday, and the Hawkeyes had a to to say about it.

Iowa+running+back+Tyler+Goodson+carries+the+ball+during+a+football+game+between+Iowa+and+Michigan+in+Ann+Arbor+on+Saturday%2C+October+5%2C+2019.+

Shivansh Ahuja

Iowa running back Tyler Goodson carries the ball during a football game between Iowa and Michigan in Ann Arbor on Saturday, October 5, 2019.

Pete Ruden and Anna Kayser

Iowa suffered its first loss of the season against Michigan on Oct. 5, and the Hawkeyes discussed their thoughts after the game.

Offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs on the offensive line’s performance

“I take a lot of pride in not letting people hit him, and I know I failed that today. The rest of the O-line will probably say they feel pretty crappy about that.”

Quarterback Nate Stanley on bouncing back from the loss against Michigan

“The best thing to do — I don’t even want to say avenge a loss or anything — is to just go out and compete as hard as we can the next week.”

Defensive end A.J. Epenesa on recording a sack

“Getting a sack — especially in away stadiums, obviously in Kinnick, it’s a great time — it’s just the product of hard work and getting after it. I was given the opportunity with some one-on-ones today, and I thought I had a bit more success than usual. Whenever someone gives me one-on-ones, my goal is obviously [to] make them pay for giving a one-on-one to me.”

Offensive tackle Alaric Jackson on the struggles with the offensive line

“I’m a team player. I should have prepared better pretty much. It’s not anybody else’s fault.”

Head coach Kirk Ferentz on Michigan’s blitz attack

“I think any team that, you know, once you get some momentum doing anything, you’re probably going to stick with it.”

Center Tyler Linderbaum on his performance

“Not good enough. You know, if we’re giving up eight sacks, I partly put that on my fault.”