Iowa swimming and diving excels in exhibition

Iowa swim/dive faced off against Michigan State for its first competition of the season.

Jacob+Rosenkoetter+competes+in+the+Men%E2%80%99s+100+backstroke+during+an+intrasquad+meet+at+the+Campus+Recreation+and+Wellness+Center+on+Saturday+Sept.+28%2C+2019.+The+Gold+team+defeated+the+Black+team+109.0-83.0.+Rosenkoetter+placed+fourth+with+a+time+of+52.47.+

Katie Goodale

Jacob Rosenkoetter competes in the Men’s 100 backstroke during an intrasquad meet at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on Saturday Sept. 28, 2019. The Gold team defeated the Black team 109.0-83.0. Rosenkoetter placed fourth with a time of 52.47.

Chris Werner, Sports Reporter

RELATED: Iowa swim/dive squads to open season against Michigan State 

The Hawkeye swimming and diving teams returned to the pool on Thursday to open up its racing season against Michigan State. 

While the majority of the events were simply warm up races for Friday’s official start to the season, Thursday’s men’s 1-meter diving results counted towards tomorrow’s official competition. 

Michael Huebner scored top honors with an impressive 293.70, Anton Hoherz was next with a 293.45, and Jonatan Posligua rounded out the top three scoring a 267.65.

The Hawkeyes return to the pool tomorrow in scored competition at 11 a.m. at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center against Michigan State. Northern Iowa’s women’s team is also joining in on the competition.