Carson King fundraiser reaches $3 million

Carson+King+claps+during+a+football+game+between+Iowa+and+Middle+Tennessee+State+University+on+Sept.+28%2C+2019.+

Megan Nagorzanski

Carson King claps during a football game between Iowa and Middle Tennessee State University on Sept. 28, 2019.

Brooklyn Draisey, Managing Editor

Following the announcement of the end of the Carson King fundraiser on Tuesday night, the “Iowa Legend” tweeted out that local Busch Light distributors across the state of Iowa sent in an additional $41,000, meaning King has officially raised $3 million for the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. 

“We Did It! Thank you to all the Local Busch Light Distributors across the state for the final $41,000.00, making this last push possible!” King said in a twitter post.

Nine Busch Light wholesalers pushed the total over $3 million, the Gazette reported. Anheuser-Busch cut ties with King after an “offensive and hurtful” tweet King posted surfaced.

The Altoona man rose to fame after holding up a sign asking for Busch Light money at the Cy-Hawk game on Sept. 14. Money came pouring into King’s Venmo account, and he decided to donate the money to the children’s hospital. King announced Tuesday that after two weeks of fundraising, $2,959,336.30 had been raised For the Kids.