Kamala Harris to visit Coralville Sept. 19

Senator+Kamala+Harris%2C+D-CA%2C+addresses+supporters+during+her+town+hall+event+at+Confluence+Brewery+in+Des+Moines+on+July+3%2C+2019.+

Katie Goodale

Senator Kamala Harris, D-CA, addresses supporters during her town hall event at Confluence Brewery in Des Moines on July 3, 2019.

Sarah Watson, Politics Editor

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., will visit Coralville for a meet-and-greet at Backpocket Brewing in Coralville next Thursday, the  same day her fellow senator, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, will be holding a town hall at the Iowa Memorial Union.

Doors open at 3:30 p.m. for Harris’ event and the program will begin at 4:15 p.m.  She’s not the first presidential hopeful to visit the brewery, former Gov. John Hickenlooper, who has now dropped out of the presidential race to run for U.S. Senate in Colorado, stopped by there this spring to highlight his roots as a former brewery owner.

Harris and Warren will make their stops in the Iowa City area ahead of the Polk County Steak Fry next weekend, formerly the Tom Harkin Steak Fry, where 18 candidates for the Democratic presidential nomination will be in attendance.

Harris previously visited UI campus last semester, where she hosted a town hall at the IMU.

Details:

Kamala Harris Meet and Greet: Backpocket Brewing 903 Quarry Rd., Coralville, Iowa

Doors open 3:30 p.m.  Event starts at 4:15 p.m.