Gustafson included in NBA 2K20

WNBA rosters were included in this year’s version of the popular video game franchise, which means players can choose to play as Hawkeye-great Megan Gustafson.

Katina Zentz

Iowa center Megan Gustafson takes a hold of the ball as Baylor center Kalani Brown runs to guard her during the NCAA Elite 8 game against Baylor on April 1.

Robert Read, Assistant Sports Editor

Get your controllers ready, Hawkeye fans.

For the first time in the history of the NBA 2K video game franchise, the game includes WNBA players. That means Iowa basketball great Megan Gustafson is available for fans to play as in NBA 2K20.

All 12 WNBA franchises will be featured in the game, as well as a majority of the league’s players and head coaches.

Gustafson is currently rated at 73 overall in the game and is listed as a power forward for the Dallas Wings. The game describes Gustafson’s strengths as mid-range scoring, rebounding, and inside scoring.

The game has a few discrepancies to work out, however.

Gustafson is shown in the game as a right-handed shooter, when she is in fact left-handed. She is also without her signature headband in the game, which the fans who poured into Carver-Hawkeye Arena to watch Gustafson play would be quick to point out.

NBA 2K20 released on Sept. 7 and is currently available to play.