Update: Presidential hopefuls Pete Buttigieg, Michael Bennet, Joe Biden to visit Iowa City on Labor Day

Roman Slabach

Supporters of Kamala Harris outside of the Doubletree Hilton Hotel in Cedar Rapids on Sunday, June 9, 2019. 19 democrats spoke at the Iowa Democratic Party Hall of Fame.

Sarah Watson, Politics Editor

Three presidential hopefuls will visit Iowa City for Labor day — South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., and former Vice President Joe Biden.

Buttigieg will attend an office opening in Iowa City at 3 p.m. after making three stops in Cedar Rapids, one of which includes another office opening there. This weekend will mark the mayor’s eighth trip to Iowa since July.

Bennet will attend an Iowa City Fed Assembly Picnic Monday over his two-day stop. He’ll also be in Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, East Moline, Keokuk, and Burlington.

Biden will also attend the Iowa City Fed Assembly Picnic. He will stop in Cedar Rapids for the Hawkeye Area Labor Council Labor Day Picnic before his Iowa City stop.

Bennet didn’t qualify for the September debates. The deadline to amass 130,000 unique campaign donations and 2 percent support in four DNC-approved polls passed Aug. 28. However, the Colorado senator’s campaign will be opening an office on Tuesday in Iowa City at 5:30 p.m. at 209 Scott Court, Iowa City.

Buttigieg did meet the requirements to make the debate stage in September.

Editor’s note: this article had incorrectly stated the date of Sen. Michael Bennet’s office opening. It is Tuesday, not Monday.

Pete Buttigieg

Iowa City Field Office Opening: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.

Location: 23 S. Gilbert St. Iowa City

Michael Bennet and Joe Biden

Iowa City Fed Assembly Picnic: 12:20 p.m.

Location: City Park, 200 Park Road, Iowa City