Former Hawkeye Cook signs with Denver Nuggets

After going undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft, Tyler Cook has signed a two-way contract with the Denver Nuggets.

Iowa forward Tyler Cook dunks the ball during the NCAA game against Tennessee at Nationwide Arena on Sunday, March 24, 2019. The Volunteers defeated the Hawkeyes 83-77 in overtime.

Katina Zentz

Katina Zentz

Katina Zentz

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

Former Iowa forward Tyler Cook has signed a two-way contract with the Denver Nuggets, the team announced Tuesday.

After going undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft, Cook earned an invitation to Denver’s training camp.

He appeared in three Summer League games for the Nuggets’ Las Vegas team, averaging 4 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.0 assists, and 1.0 steals in 11.3 minutes per game.

Cook put on the same show he did for three seasons at Iowa, displaying his unique athleticism and dunking ability.

He put up 6 points and 2 rebounds against the Orlando Magic on July 7, before dropping 6 points, 1 rebound, and 3 steals against the Golden State Warriors on July 10 to round out his best performances of the summer.

Cook left Iowa with one season of eligibility remaining. He wasn’t invited to the NBA Combine but picked up an invitation following his performance at the NBA G-League Combine.

Cook will wear No. 34 with the Nuggets — the same number he donned in Summer League.