Cook added to Denver Nuggets’ Summer League roster

After going undrafted, Tyler Cook has taken a step forward in his professional career.

Iowa+forward+Tyler+Cook+dunks+the+ball+during+the+NCAA+game+against+Tennessee+at+Nationwide+Arena+on+Sunday%2C+March+24%2C+2019.+The+Volunteers+defeated+the+Hawkeyes+83-77.+

Iowa forward Tyler Cook dunks the ball during the NCAA game against Tennessee at Nationwide Arena on Sunday, March 24, 2019. The Volunteers defeated the Hawkeyes 83-77.

Katina Zentz

Katina Zentz

Katina Zentz

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

Former Hawkeye forward Tyler Cook has been added to the Denver Nuggets’ Summer League team, the team announced July 2.

After going undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft, Cook earned an invitation to Denver’s training camp.

He was not invited to the NBA Combine but then earned an invitation after his performance at the NBA G-League Combine.

He joins former Big Ten players Jae’sean Tate (Ohio State) and Kenny Goins (Michigan State) on the Nuggets’ Summer League roster.

Other notable names include Michael Porter Jr., the No. 14 overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, and Thomas Welsh, formerly of UCLA.

In Cook’s and Goins’ first meeting — a 90-68 Spartan victory — Goins posted 19 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 assists; Cook scored 15 points and grabbed 8 rebounds.

In the second game between the teams — another Michigan State win — Cook dropped 17 points and pulled down 6 rebounds, and Goins recorded 7 points and 8 boards.

Cook led Iowa last season with 14.5 points and 7.6 rebounds per game before declaring for the NBA Draft.

Facebook Comments