Former Hawkeye Moss commits to Kansas

Former Iowa guard Isaiah Moss tweeted his commitment to Bill Self and the Kansas Jayhawks on Monday.

Iowa+guard+Isaiah+Moss+attempts+a+3-pointer+during+the+Iowa%2FMichigan+mens+basketball+game+at+Carver-Hawkeye+Arena+on+Friday%2C+February+1%2C+2019.+The+Hawkeyes+took+down+the+No.+5+ranked+Wolverines%2C+74-59.+

Lily Smith

Iowa guard Isaiah Moss attempts a 3-pointer during the Iowa/Michigan men’s basketball game at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Friday, February 1, 2019. The Hawkeyes took down the No. 5 ranked Wolverines, 74-59.

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

Isaiah Moss’ transfer journey has been a long one, but the former Hawkeye has found his home at Kansas.

After committing to Arkansas on May 15 and de-committing on June 7, Moss tweeted his commitment to the Jayhawks on Monday.

“First and foremost, I want to thank my family, teammates, and coaches for their continued guidance and support,” Moss tweeted. “After evaluating all my options, I have decided to commit to the University of Kansas.”

Moss started all 35 games for Iowa during the 2018-19 season, scoring 9.2 points per game to go along with 2.9 rebounds and 1.8 assists. He also shot 42.1 percent from beyond the arc, giving the Jayhawks a much-needed 3-point shooter.

“We’ve obviously been looking for shooting throughout this recruiting period and we feel like we have addressed some of those needs with Isaiah’s addition,” Kansas head coach Bill Self said in a release. “When Isaiah is on the court, he’s going to be a guy that could be a 40-45 percent 3-point shooter and with the line moving back, I think it’s going to be even more important to have somebody who’s consistently good from beyond the arc.”

Moss’ best scoring season with Iowa came in 2017-18, in which the Chicago native dropped 11.1 points per game on 38.6 percent shooting from deep.

Kansas finished last season with a 26-10 record, including a 12-6 mark in the Big 12. Moss will join Udoka Azubuike and Devon Dotson, who both return after averaging double figures last season.

Moss will be immediately eligible for the 2019-20 season as a graduate transfer.

“Isaiah was a very good player on a very good team at the University of Iowa,” Self said in a release. “He’s played in big games. He’s certainly used to the physicality of our sport after playing in the Big Ten and has been very well-coached and drilled. He also played at a top high school program at Simeon in Chicago. I’m very excited about him and the opportunities that he will give us to stretch the floor and certainly play with a couple really good big guys.”