Cory Booker to appear on Political Party Live in Iowa City

2020 Democratic presidential-nomination candidate Sen. Cory Booker will be at the Iowa City Graduate hotel on June 8 for an event with the Iowa-based podcast Political Party Live.

AP

Sen. Cory Booker, D-NJ. , speaks during the first day of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia , Monday, July 25, 2016. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)

Julia Shanahan, Politics Reporter

New Jersey Sen. and 2020 Democratic presidential-nomination candidate Cory Booker will be in Iowa City on June 8 for an event with Political Party Live.

Political Party Live is an Iowa-based podcast following Democratic presidential-nomination candidates through the Cedar Rapids area. Linn County Supervisor Stacey Walker will co-host the podcast with Simeon Talley.

The event will be at the Iowa City Graduate , 210 S. Dubuque St. Doors will open at 6 p.m., and the show is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. According to the Facebook event, there will be limited seating inside the bar and patio area, but there will be additional viewing opportunities on the Pedestrian Mall.

Tickets to the event are free and can be found here.

Following Booker’s podcast appearance, Booker will attend the Hall of Fame Celebration in Cedar Rapids on June 9 with a handful of other Democratic presidential-nomination candidates. Tickets to the celebration are currently sold out, but people can add their names to a waiting list here.