The Week in Photos (10/19/18)

DI Photo Staff

Every week, Daily Iowan photo editors select a series of photographs that represents both the major news of the week as well as the best photography from the photo staff as a whole. The photo staff is part of a strong tradition of visual storytelling at the DI.

• Washington Governor Jay Inslee speaks during the Johnson County Democratic Party Fall Barbeques at the Johnson County Fairgrounds on Sunday Oct. 14, 2018.

Nick Rohlman

• Sacha E. Kopp speaks during a forum as one of four candidates for the University of Iowa's Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Voxman Concert Hall on Monday, October 15, 2018. Previously, Kopp has served as the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Stony Brook University and the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education of the College of Natural Sciences for the University of Texas at Austin.

• Fans look on after the national anthem during Iowa's game against Indiana at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Hoosiers 42-16.

Nick Rohlman

• Various flags are seen on Monday, October 15, 2018. There are 120 flags being displayed on the Iowa Memorial Union Pedestrian Bridge to recognize the international students on campus.

Thomas A. Stewart

• Community members gather on the Pentacrest to protest the closing of the Labor Center on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.

Thomas A. Stewart

• Models walk for the Unique 3 Alley Fashion show behind the Englert Theater during the Witching Hour Festival on Friday, October 12, 2018. The local brand Born Leaders United, created by Andre Wright, debuted their new streetwear line "Unseen."

• Here Lies Man performs at Gabe's as part of the Witching Hour Festival on Friday, October 12, 2018. Former member of Afrobeat collective Antibalas, Marcos Garcia released his first project for Here Lies Man in 2017.

• UI freshmen Peyton Bennett and Lauren Pettinicchio look at jewelry in Release Body Modification on Monday, October 15, 2018. “We are getting our ears pierced here since the workers are very helpful,” Bennet said.

• The Coralville Dam in Coralville, Iowa on October 16, 2018.

• UI students Michael Juarez and Octavius Lanier during the LoveBird play rehearsal in the Theater Building on Tuesday, October 16, 2018. LoveBird, by K.T Peterson and directed by Erica Vannon, features castaways Nigel and Norman as they struggle with life on the island and struggle with their increasingly complicated relationship.

• Senior Taylor Louis sends the ball over the net during Iowa volleyball against Purdue at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City on Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018. Purdue defeated Iowa 3-2.

• Iowa field hockey players grab their sticks before a field hockey match against Maryland on Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018. The no. 2 ranked Terrapins defeated the no. 8 ranked Hawkeyes 2-1.

• Players fight for a cross during Iowa's game against Michigan at The Hawkeye Soccer Complex on Sunday, October 14, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Wolverines 1-0.

Nick Rohlman

• Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz and offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz watch the game during Iowa's game at Indiana at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The Hawkeyes beat the Hoosiers 42-16.

• Iowa wide receiver Nick Easley (84) makes a diving catch on a deflected pass for a touchdown during Iowa's game against Indiana at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Hoosiers 42-16.

Nick Rohlman

• The Old Capitol is seen with the Iowa Homecoming Corn Statue in front on Thursday, October 18, 2018.

Lily Smith

Facebook Comments