Hawkeyes thump Hoosiers, 42-16

Nate Stanley was on his A-game for the Hawkeyes, throwing 6 touchdowns.

Hawkeyes thump Hoosiers, 42-16

Iowa tight end Noah Fant catches a touchdown during Iowa's game at Indiana at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The Hawkeyes lead the Hoosiers 21-10 at the half. (Katina Zentz/The Daily Iowan)

Katina Zentz

Katina Zentz

Katina Zentz

Adam Hensley, Pregame Editor

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Iowa snagged an early lead after an Indiana field goal and never looked back, winning, 42-16.

The Hawkeyes rode the hot hand of quarterback Nate Stanley, who threw for 320 yards and 6 touchdowns. Overall, the Hawekeyes had 479 yards of total offense.

T.J. Hockenson was his favorite target, hauling in 4 receptions for 107 yards and 2 touchdowns. Nick Easley, Noah Fant, Toren Young, and Austin Kelly all got in on the touchdown-receiving party as well.

Iowa’s defense didn’t necessarily smother the Hoosiers, it contained them. Defensive coordinator Phil Parker’s group allowed 330 yards, but Indiana failed to put together long touchdown drives consistently.

Now, Iowa will shift its focus to Maryland. The Hawkeyes and Terrapins will clash at 11 a.m. Oct. 20.

Facebook Comments