Arrest made in weekend shooting

Nick Rohlman

Iowa City police investigate a reported shooting on Court Street the morning of Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018.

Charles Peckman

Iowa City Police have made an arrest in connection to a shooting that happened on Sept. 29 near East Court and South Gilbert. Arielle Grier, 24, has been charged with two counts of attempted murder and one count of reckless use of a firearm.

According to a press release from the City of Iowa City, the investigation is ongoing by the Iowa City Police Department’s Investigations Division. The press release encourages anyone with information to contact the police.

On Saturday, Sept. 29, Iowa City Police received a report of shots fired near the intersection of East Court and South Gilbert – once officers arrived, a male victim was discovered suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. The injuries sustained by the victim were non-life-threatening, and he was transferred to the University of Iowa Hospital.

Shortly after the first victim was discovered, a second person was located one block away from the shooting’s location with an apparent gunshot wound. The second male victim’s injuries were also non-life-threatening, and he was transferred to UIHC as well.

As the Daily Iowan previously reported, Sgt. Jerry Blomgren said individuals at the scene, along with those who were shot, were not cooperative with authorities.