This week in photos (9/28/18)

DI Photo Staff

Every week, Daily Iowan photo editors select a series of photographs that represents both the major news of the week as well as the best photography from the photo staff as a whole. The photo staff is part of a strong tradition of visual storytelling at the DI.

• Remo Drive performs at Gabe's on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018.

• Executive Director of the Iowa Harm Reduction Coalition Sarah Ziegenhorn stands for a portrait at the Daily Iowan newsroom on Saturday, Sept. 23, 2018. The coalition hosted its third annual harm-reduction summit this week.

Nick Rohlman

• Chris Peters stands for a portrait in the Daily Iowan newsroom on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018. Peters is running for a second time against incumbent Rep. Dave Loebsack, D-Iowa.

Nick Rohlman

• Iowa's Noah Fant and TJ Hockenson celebrate a touchdown during a football game between Iowa and Wisconsin on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018. The Badgers defeated the Hawkeyes, 28-17.

• Wisconsin wide receiver A.J. Taylor catches a touchdown pass during Iowa's game against Wisconsin at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018. The Badgers defeated the Hawkeyes, 28-17.

Nick Rohlman

• The Beer Band invades downtown Iowa City on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018.

Thomas A. Stewart

• Iowa's Kate Claypool sprints towards first base during a softball game against Des Moines Area Community College on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Bears, 8-1.

• Opposing player collided with outfielder Zeb Abreon during Iowa's game against Ontario Blue Jays at Duane Banks Field on Sept. 21, 2018.

• Iowa's Taylor Louis goes for a kill during a volleyball match between Iowa and Michigan State on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Spartans, 3 sets to 0.

• Michigan's Jenna Lerg spikes the ball during Iowa's match against Michigan at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Sept. 23, 2018. The Hawkeyes were defeated, 3-1.

Megan Nagorzanski

• Thea Basili preps food on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018. She has been working at Oasis for over a year. "This is the friendliest kitchen I have ever worked in," Basili said.

Thomas A. Stewart

• Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang speaks to the supporters during an appearance sponsored by the University Democrats in the IMU on Monday, Sept. 24, 2018.

• Participants in a meeting about issues regarding fair housing in Iowa City listen to Kirk Lehman present on the issue at the Iowa City Senior Center on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018.

• Community members gather on the steps of the Old Capitol in Iowa City on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 to protest the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Protesters spoke in support of victims of sexual violence and shared personal stories about coming forward as victims of sexual violence.

Nick Rohlman

Facebook Comments