Men’s golf adds assistant coach

The Iowa men’s golf team has added assistant coach Charlie Hoyle to the cause.
The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep
Iowa golfer Ryoto Furuya stands with Alex Moorman during a men’s golf practice on Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017. The men’s team will travel to Minnesota for the Gopher Invitational on Sept. 10.(Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa men’s golf hired a new assistant coach on July 30.

Charlie Hoyle, formerly an assistant coach for the men’s and women’s teams at Lander, is now a Hawkeye.

“I am extremely excited to join the Iowa golf program,” Hoyle said in a release. “Coach [Tyler] Stith has built a nationally recognized, competitive golf program, and I relish the opportunity that both he and the University of Iowa have given me to help take the program to the next level of success.”

Stith believes that Hoyle’s work in the past speaks for itself and that he’ll be a valuable addition for the Hawkeyes.

“We are very happy to welcome Charlie to Iowa City,” Stith said in a release. “He’s an accomplished player with strong coaching credentials and will be a great asset to our program.”

Hoyle hails from Lancashire, England, and played golf at Lander from 2006-2010. During his four years playing, Hoyle was a two-time NCAA PING All-Region and two-time All-Peach Belt selection. In 2009, he was named Lander’s MVP. Just two years after graduating, Hoyle was hired as Lander’s head coach.

“I plan to embody Iowa’s Win, Graduate, and Do It Right brand by following the guidelines and protocols that Coach Stith already has in place,” Hoyle said in a release. “One of the main reasons for me choosing Iowa was Coach Stith and the philosophies that he has in place for the team and its members.”