Football’s Hesse lands spot on Allstate Good Works Team

Due to his charitable work off the field, Iowa football’s Parker Hesse received recognition from the Allstate Good Works Team.

Iowa defensive end Parker Hesse speaks with members of the media during a media availability in the Hansen Football Performance Center on Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017. The Hawkeyes accepted an invitation to play Boston College at the New Era Pinstripe Bowl in New York City on Wednesday, Dec. 27. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

On July 17, Hawkeye football defensive lineman Parker Hesse was named to the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team because of his contributions off the field.

The senior’s off-field contributions include visits to the UI Hospitals & Clinics, Play 2B Fit, Salvation Army, Dance Marathon, VA hospital visits, Hawkeye Pride, Hawkeye Readers, Children’s Museum, blood drives, and Crisis Center Pancake Breakfast, according to a release.

Last season, Hesse tallied 10.5 tackles for a loss. Overall, he registered 43 tackles (24 solo), 4 sacks, 1 interception, 3 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery.

From the release, the Allstate AFCA Good Works team “recognizes the extra efforts made by college football players and student support staff off the field. Nominees have demonstrated a unique dedication to community service and desire to make a positive impact on the lives around, while also showing tremendous perseverance to overcome personal struggles.”

The Waukon native was also named to Iowa’s 2018 Leadership Group on July 10. Other members are Nick Easley, Jake Gervase, Amani Hooker, Amani Jones, Aaron Mends, Anthony Nelson, Matt Nelson, Keegan Render, Brady Ross, Nate Stanley, and Toren Young.

Hesse will also be one of three student-athletes representing Iowa at the 2018 Big Ten media days in Chicago on July 23 (the other two are Matt Nelson and Stanley).

Facebook Comments