Men’s basketball prospect Carton announces top-three schools

Highly touted Bettendorf point guard DJ Carton took to Instagram to announce his official list of top-three schools.

during the Senior Day men's basketball game between Iowa and Northwestern at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Wildcats 77-70. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Allan Smith

Five-star point guard DJ Carton announced his top three schools via Instagram on July 8, and Iowa was not one of those destinations.

Final 3‼

A post shared by DJ Carton (@djcarton) on

Carton’s top three are all Big Ten schools: Michigan, Ohio State, and Indiana. Carton took official visits to Michigan and Indiana on June 27 and 29, respectively. While he did make trips to Iowa, Carton was never involved with an official visit.

247 Sports ranks Carton as the 24th-best prospect in the country for the class of 2019, the second-best player at his position and the top recruit in the state.

The Bettendorf phenom’s list winnowed out some schools from his post in May, where he listed Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan, Marquette, Indiana, and Xavier as his top-six destinations.

Facebook Comments