UI lecturer issued criminal-trespass warning for taking photos of women working out

Vladimir Kulikov

A University of Iowa lecturer has been issued a criminal-trespass warning by the UI police that includes all campus recreation buildings for reportedly taking pictures of women working out at the UI Campus Recreation & Wellness Center.

On April 25, UI police issued a criminal-trespass warning and a harassment warning to Jeffrey Nock, a lecturer in the Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center.

Nock has taught at the UI since 2012. On May 29, his contract was renewed for another three years. He was also formally offered the opportunity to teach a summer course and to lead a program helping students to launch their own businesses.

According to the incident report, a 22-year-old woman reported that a suspicious male was taking photos of women while they were working out.

UI spokesperson Jeneane Beck said the trespass warning for all recreation buildings on campus will last for six months, meaning it will end on Oct. 25.

Beck said a harassment warning does not carry legal consequences unless it is violated. If people violate a harassment warning, they could be charged with harassment or any other applicable charge. Beck said the police investigation is currently inactive but would become active again if the harassment warning or the trespass warning is violated.

​— Gage Miskimen