Isaiah Moss to gauge NBA interest

Iowa guard Isaiah Moss will be testing the NBA waters but will not hire an agent, giving him the possibility to return next season.

Isaiah Moss to gauge NBA interest

Iowa guard Isaiah Moss attempts a shot past Penn State forward Satchel Pierce during an Iowa/Penn State men's basketball game in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017. The Nittany Lions defeated the Hawkeyes, 77-73. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

Iowa basketball announced on Tuesday that redshirt junior guard Isaiah Moss filed paperwork for entry into this year’s upcoming NBA Draft. Moss has not hired an agent, which leaves the possibility of him returning next season at Iowa.

He has until May 30 to pull his name from the NBA Draft list, per a release.

“My family and I have talked with coach McCaffery and we have decided to enter my name into the NBA Draft without hiring an agent,” Moss said in a release. “It is a dream of mine to play professional basketball. I look forward to going through the process and I thank the coaching staff for helping me through it. I am excited for the feedback and opportunity to workout for NBA personnel so my family and I can make the best decision for my future. I appreciate the support from my teammates, coaching staff, and Hawkeye fans.”

This past season, the Chicago native scored 11.1 points per game while ranking third on the team in assists (62) and tying for second in steals (22).

Moss was named to the Cayman Islands Classic All-Tournament team during non-conference play, when he averaged 18 points over a three-game span.

He started all 33 games for Iowa last season.

“This is an opportunity for Isaiah to learn more about himself and his game during this process,” said head coach Fran McCaffery in a release. “Going through this process will benefit him in the long term. We fully support Isaiah and we will be there to help him along the way.”

Facebook Comments