Brady Ellingson leaving Hawkeye basketball program

Brady Ellingson took to Twitter on Tuesday to announce his departure from the Iowa basketball program.

Iowa guard Brady Ellingson looks to the lane during an Iowa/Ohio State men's basketball game in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018. The Buckeyes defeated the Hawkeyes, 92-81. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

Brady Ellingson announced Tuesday that he will be leaving the Iowa basketball team and playing next season as a graduate transfer.

“I look forward to pursuing an expanded role at another school where I can achieve the goals I have as both a basketball player and student next season,” Ellingson said in his tweet.

This past season at Iowa, Ellingson averaged 2.8 points and 1.1 assists in his 26 appearances. Throughout his career (94 games), the redshirt junior drained 3-pointers at a 40 percent rate.

“We want to thank Brady for his contribution to our program over the past four seasons,” head coach Fran McCaffery said in a release. “Brady is a hard worker, a terrific teammate, and a good student. We wish Brady good luck in his future endeavors. My staff and I will do whatever we can to help Brady during this transition.”

Ellingson will earn a degree in enterprise leadership in May.

Facebook Comments