Kirk Ferentz settles dispute with neighbors before heading to court

Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz walks into the stadium before an Iowa/Minnesota football game in Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017. The Hawkeyes defeated the Golden Gophers, 17-10.

Joseph Cress

Joseph Cress

Joseph Cress

Marissa Payne, [email protected]

Iowa’s head football coach Kirk Ferentz settled a dispute with his neighbors before the case went to trial Tuesday.

A motion was filed explaining the court was informed that the Ferentzes and their neighbors had negotiated a resolution to the dispute, according to online court records. All parties shall file dismissals no later than March 8.

Neighbors of Ferentz and his wife, Mary, were prepared to take the Ferentzes to court and had filed a lawsuit. The Buattis wanted to resurface and extend the road. Mary Ferentz was opposed.

In 2015, the neighbors formed a homeowners’ association in an effort to cover road maintenance costs. A judge in 2017 ruled the Ferentzes did not have to join the association because the structure was different than an agreement that Ferentzes approved with neighbors in 2001.