Video: Students, UI police host self-defense 101 to teach students how to respond to violence

FILE - The UI Police emblem is pictured before a sit-down interview with the Daily Iowan at the UI Police headquarters on Tuesday, October 18, 2016. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

University of Iowa event planning students created a “Self-Defense 101″ event that was held Monday night in the Shambaugh Auditorium in collaboration with the UI Police Department. The class included several aspects of self-defense, instructing students on how to prevent and respond to violence in their daily lives.

—JoonHyuk Kim

• Video: Students, UI police host self-defense 101 to teach students how to respond to violence

UI Gardeners group seeks donors in light of budget cuts

Students, faculty members, and community members rally to save UI Labor Center

UI uses $1.6 million in grants to focus on humanities research

UI earns 4 out of 5 stars for LGBTQ friendliness

Researchers examine drivers’ understanding of vehicle safety systems

UIHC surgeons operate on patients in need in Honduras

Fresh Check Day aims to lessen the stigma about mental health

UI president discusses fraternity suspensions, safety on campus

UI professor awarded $1 million research grant in quantum computing

116 flags raised for international students at a time when the population’s enrollment is on a decline