DITV: Puppies in the park fundraiser

Three University of Iowa Students hosted a fundraiser for the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center called Puppies in the Park.
Puppies in the park (Susanna Klooster/The Daily Iowan)

Yesterday in College Green Park, three University of Iowa Students hosted a fundraiser for the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center. The event was created for a leadership class the students are enrolled in here at the University, but the reason behind why they hosted this event was much more than just for the credit.

“So basically the way we came up with the idea for the event was we were looking online trying to find current events, because we were honestly stumped trying to find some non-profits that we thought that we could really benefit here in Iowa City, and we came across this story about eight dogs from hurricane Harvey that were relocated to the Iowa City Animal Shelter and we knew that was the cause we wanted to benefit,” Todd Carter Co-Cordinator for Puppies in the Park said.

RELATED: Shelter from the storm in Iowa

Students Todd Carter, Kelli Kranz, and Ben Ethridge rounded up all their friends who had dogs for the fundraiser where you could donate $1 or any item the Animal Center listed was needed and the donors then had the chance to play with these puppies in benefit of the eight dogs that were placed here in Iowa City after the devastating toll Hurricane Harvey took on Texas.

The event brought out more than just University of Iowa students ,but also community members were seen donating items of need as well, which shows how deeply both Iowa City students and residents care about the Animal Care and Adoption Center here.

— Susanna Klooster