One on one with Miguel Recinos

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Sm
Iowa kicker Miguel Recinos kicks a PAT during the game between Iowa and Michigan State at Spartan Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017. The Hawkeyes fell to the Spartans with a final score of 10-17. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Daily Iowan: What fictional place would you like to visit?

Miguel Recinos: That’s really tough… You know Ministereth? That looks really cool. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to stand on top and look down.

DI: What would your go-to karaoke song be?

Recinos: I really like the song “Youth” by Glass Animals but that’s pretty high range. I don’t know if I have the ability to belt that out anymore. Maybe in my choir days, but now I’m getting a little rusty.

DI: What could you give a 20-minute presentation on with no preparation?

Recinos: Goalkeeping, 100 percent.

DI: If you could make one rule everyone had to follow, what would it be?

Recinos: Get a little physical activity in every day.

DI: “Jeopardy” or “Wheel of Fortune”?

Recinos: Pr0bably Jeopardy. That’s a tough one.

DI: What wild animal would you want as a pet?

Recinos: Depends. If it’s fictional, Game of Thrones has made me think dragon, but if it’s real, assuming it doesn’t eat me alive, I’d say wolf.

RELATED: One on one with Bo Bower

DI: What’s an irrational fear you have?

Recinos: Space is a good one. The idea of if you’re exposed to it, it’s over. There’s nothing you can do about it.

DI: What would your alter ego’s name be?

Recinos: Some days I think Colten [Rastetter] is the exact opposite of me. The specialists, we tease each other, so there are times that everything I have an opinion on, one of the guys will be opposite.

DI: What would your dream house look like?

Recinos: I’d say my dream house would be in a small Iowa town … It would be a decent size. I don’t like the mansion thing, I feel like that would be too much to keep track of. People always talk about that, but that’s a lot of space. If you’re cleaning the house, that’s a huge time investment. I’d say a decent size, probably two floors, just the main and the basement. That sounds good to me.

DI: What job would you be terrible at?