Sen. Sanders set to visit Hancher on Aug. 31

FILE - In this file photo, Sen. Bernie Sanders gives a speech during a campaign event in the Fieldhouse, on Saturday, Jan 30, 2016. Sanders will be making a return to Iowa City in August as part of a tour to discuss his new book. (Jordan Gale/The Daily Iowan, file)

Marissa Payne, [email protected]

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., will be making a return to Iowa City in August as part of a tour to discuss his new book.

Iowa City’s famed independent bookstore, Prairie Lights, 15 S. Dubuque St., has announced it will bring Sanders to Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., on Aug. 31. at 7 p.m. after the release of his book, Bernie Sanders Guide to Political Revolution, according to a press release.

The release said Prairie Lights was one of the few bookstores Sanders and Macmillan Publishers selected to host an event on the tour to promote the book, which is published by Henry Holt Books for Young Readers.

“In this new book Bernie Sanders Guide to Political Revolution, presidential candidate and activist Bernie Sanders continues his fight against the imbalances in the nation’s status quo, and shows how to make a difference to effect the changes America — and the world — need to create a better tomorrow,” the release said.

Beginning July 14 at 10 a.m., tickets will be available through the Hancher Box Office and by calling (319) 335-1160 or 1-800-HANCHER. Ticket options include:

• $30 tickets (limited quantity) include a signed first edition copy of the book
  • $25 tickets include an unsigned copy
  • Tickets for those 16 years of age and under will be $10 and will not include a copy of the book
  • Books will be available for sale at the event.

Marissa Payne, Managing Editor

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @marissa42_

Marissa Payne is the Managing Editor of The Daily Iowan. She started working at the DI her...

• Sen. Sanders set to visit Hancher on Aug. 31

Lawmakers try to expand CBD program

Iowa native likely to announce 2020 bid

Multimedia

Photos: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand visits Cedar Rapids and Iowa City

Multimedia

Video: Sit down with Democratic presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand

Kirsten Gillibrand praises Green New Deal in Eastern Iowa campaign stops

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds won’t appeal ruling striking down fetal-heartbeat bill

Iowa Congressional delegation reacts to national emergency declaration, spending bill

National

Trump declares border emergency, testing the limits of presidential authority

A year after Parkland, Iowa City School District members speak out on Iowa gun legislation

Multimedia

Video: Would you date a person from the opposite political party?