Sen. Sanders set to visit Hancher on Aug. 31

FILE - In this file photo, Sen. Bernie Sanders gives a speech during a campaign event in the Fieldhouse, on Saturday, Jan 30, 2016. Sanders will be making a return to Iowa City in August as part of a tour to discuss his new book. (Jordan Gale/The Daily Iowan, file)

Marissa Payne, [email protected]

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., will be making a return to Iowa City in August as part of a tour to discuss his new book.

Iowa City’s famed independent bookstore, Prairie Lights, 15 S. Dubuque St., has announced it will bring Sanders to Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., on Aug. 31. at 7 p.m. after the release of his book, Bernie Sanders Guide to Political Revolution, according to a press release.

The release said Prairie Lights was one of the few bookstores Sanders and Macmillan Publishers selected to host an event on the tour to promote the book, which is published by Henry Holt Books for Young Readers.

“In this new book Bernie Sanders Guide to Political Revolution, presidential candidate and activist Bernie Sanders continues his fight against the imbalances in the nation’s status quo, and shows how to make a difference to effect the changes America — and the world — need to create a better tomorrow,” the release said.

Beginning July 14 at 10 a.m., tickets will be available through the Hancher Box Office and by calling (319) 335-1160 or 1-800-HANCHER. Ticket options include:

• $30 tickets (limited quantity) include a signed first edition copy of the book
  • $25 tickets include an unsigned copy
  • Tickets for those 16 years of age and under will be $10 and will not include a copy of the book
  • Books will be available for sale at the event.

Marissa Payne, Managing Editor

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @marissa42_

Marissa Payne is the Managing Editor of The Daily Iowan. She started working at the DI her...

• Sen. Sanders set to visit Hancher on Aug. 31

2020 Iowa Caucuses

4 takeaways from the presidential-campaign finance reports

2020 Iowa Caucuses

Race for young supporters is on ahead of 2020 presidential caucuses

2020 candidate Tulsi Gabbard decries corruption, talks foreign policy in Iowa City

Multimedia

Photos: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard meet-and-greet at Yotopia

How Midwest flooding became a political wedge

2020 Iowa Caucuses

2020 candidate Tulsi Gabbard to return to Iowa City Tuesday

2020 Iowa Caucuses

Julián Castro talks immigration, health care during podcast appearance in Iowa City

2020 Iowa Caucuses

2020 candidate John Hickenlooper pitches ‘progressive alternatives’ to nationalizing health care, free college

DI Films

Julian Castro Interview

2020 Iowa Caucuses

Photos: Julian Castro at The Mill (4/14/19)